Sexual recovery programs
According to their websites, many sexual recovery programs follow the 12-step addiction recovery model. They assume that feelings of attraction for minors cannot necessarily be eliminated, but attempt to help the individual learn to control his sexual feelings and avoid temptation.
MHAMic has been unable to locate in the scientific literature any published reports on the methods or effectiveness of these programs with men attracted to underage boys. Instead, this page provides links to sexual recovery organizations that work with minor-attracted adults. Their effectiveness has not been proven scientifically. Clicking on a link will open the site in a new window.
- Healing Together - "An international self-help/mutual-help/peer-help healing and recovering site for anyone that has experienced the impact of abuse. This includes, recovering offenders, survivors, as well as their respective supporters. As a group we offer support, encouragement, information and a voice to all."
- Molesters Anonymous - "A model rehabilitation program for child molesters. It was developed to provide comprehensive counseling in a community based setting."
- National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity - "A private, non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of public and professional recognition, awareness and understanding of Sexual Addiction, Sexual Compulsivity, and Sexual Offending. NCSAC provides access to education, information and referral resources encouraging wellness for all those we serve."
- Sexual Deviates Anonymous - "E-mail group designed to unite those who feel their sexual desires or activities have caused or are causing problems in their lives or in the lives of those around them."
- Sexual Recovery Anonymous - "This site is for the person who is suffering from compulsive obsessive sexual addiction and wishes to find release from this destructive behavior. This site is also for the helping professional who wants to become better acquainted with the SRA 12 Step Program." This organization sponsors local groups in various parts of North America and Europe.
- Sexual Recovery Institute - "We provide intensive, focused treatment to men and women seeking help with sexually addictive behaviors. Located in Los Angeles, The Sexual Recovery Institute provides long term therapy to Southern California residents and shorter term intensive programs to patients from out of state or coming from other countries."